Briny capers, tangy olives and umami-bursting anchovies are combined to create this delicious, toss-together pasta dish that will help you use up (and dress up!) the last bits of those pantry ingredients. Have slightly over-ripe tomatoes sitting on your counter? Chop them up and throw them in, too.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 12 oz Italpasta Artisan Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 whole anchovies, packed in oil
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup mixed green and black olives, sliced
- 3 tbsp salt-brined capers, drained
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, leaves and stems
- grated Romano cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic, anchovies and hot pepper flakes, stirring constantly to break up anchovies, for 30 to 60 seconds or until softened and fragrant. Stir in olives, capers and oregano. Add tomatoes; cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, cook Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid. Add Spaghetti to skillet; toss to coat, adding enough of the reserved cooking liquid as necessary for desired consistency. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with Romano cheese.