Get dinner on the table in half an hour with mostly pantry ingredients, including olives, capers, tomatoes, good-quality olive oil – and Italpasta’s rough-cut pasta to hold in all that delicious sauce.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Selezione di Bronzo Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Italpasta Italian Tomatoes, chopped
- 6 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 anchovies in oil
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup green and/or black olives, sliced
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tbsp dried oregano, dried
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Romano cheese, grated
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic, anchovies and hot pepper flakes, stirring constantly to break up anchovies, for 30 to 60 seconds or until softened and fragrant. Stir in olives, capers and oregano. Add tomatoes; cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid. Add spaghetti to skillet; toss to coat, adding enough of the reserved cooking liquid as necessary for desired consistency. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with Romano cheese.