Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 box Italpasta Artisan Gemelli
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp (140 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cantaloupe, balled or cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups arugula
- 8 oz burrata cheese, whole or torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced, (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and run under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process. Transfer to large bowl and toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil.
- Meanwhile, slice off top and bottom of grapefruit. Stand fruit on one end. Slice off outer peel, following the natural curve of fruit and removing the bitter white pith. Working over small bowl to catch all the juices and using membranes as a guide, peel each segment free from its membrane, transferring flesh to another smallbowl and composting peel and membranes.
- In another large bowl, add mustard. Slowly whisk in remaining oil until emulsified. Add vinegar, honey, black pepper, hot pepper flakes, grapefruit juice and salt; whisk together until combined. Toss in pasta, grapefruit segments, cantaloupe, peach and onion until well coated. Gently stir in arugula, cheese and mint.
- Top salad with thinly sliced prosciutto (optional)
Tips: Add thinly sliced prosciutto, serrano ham or salami if desired. Serve salad on a large sharing platter topped with whole ball of burrata or tear into bite size pieces.
Calories: 460kcalCarbohydrates: 56gProtein: 13gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 290mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10g