Summer Pasta Verde
This simple yet delicious main includes a beautiful combination of some of summer’s most versatile veggies. While these are available frozen all year long, there is nothing quite like the fresh flavour of seasonal greens!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 box Italpasta Artisan Penne Rigate
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- Cook Italpasta Artisan Penne Rigate in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add the zucchini, asparagus, and peas; cook until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and reserve ½ cup pasta water. Add pasta water and pasta to the skillet; increase heat to high. Add the Parmesan. Cook until sauce has thickened and Parmesan has melted. Taste and adjust salt and pepper seasoning.
- To serve, garnish pasta with freshly chopped basil, extra Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Calories: 590kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 570mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g