Sundried Tomato, Corn and Bacon Maccheroni
This simple main is a perfect combination of smoky, sweet and savoury. The crumbled Feta adds a nice kick and is a great substitute for traditional Parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Artisan Maccheroni
- 4 strips thick cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, shallot, corn and sundried tomatoes to the skillet with the browned bacon; cook for 5 minutes until corn is slightly charred. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining maccheroni.
- Transfer pasta to the skillet with reserved pasta water, lemon juice and crumbled Feta; season with freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine for 1 minute. Garnish with parsley and serve.