Total Penne Rigate with Borlotti Beans and Rosemary
Made with heart healthy beans, this high fibre white pasta is flavoured with rosemary, garlic and smoked paprika.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Total Penne Rigate
- 2 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 can Borlotti Beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 can Italpasta Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Parmesan Cheese, for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add red pepper, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until pepper starts to soften. Add borlotti beans and smoked paprika, cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Toss in hot cooked pasta until well combined. Stir in spinach until wilted. Serve with Parmesan cheese.