Total Penne Rigate with Mushrooms and Ricotta
A classic pairing – mushroom & Ricotta gets a fibre boost!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Total Penne Rigate (375 g)
- 2 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Italpasta Tomato Sauce
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 lb Mushrooms (Cremini, Shiitake, or Oyster), sliced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat broiler. Grease glass baking dish; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, mushrooms, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender and mushrooms are golden brown. Add tomato sauce and bring to simmer; cook for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in basil.
- Add pasta and half of the mozzarella to pan; stir to combine. Transfer half of the pasta mixture into prepared baking dish; dollop half of the ricotta over top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.