Whole Grain Spaghetti Ramen
- 1 pkg Italpasta Whole Grain Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cup vegetable broth (no salt added)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 4 baby bok choy, cut in halves lengthwise
- 4 onion (green), thinly sliced
- 1 pkg roasted seaweed (5 g), cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 2 egg
- Heat sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for a few seconds until soft and translucent.
- Add broth, water, soy, 5 spice and stir until mixed. Reduce heat to low and let it slowly simmer as you cook the pasta and eggs.
- Fill a small pot with water and bring to a rolling boil. Gently add eggs and boil for 7 minutes for a soft yolk. If you prefer a harder yolk, boil for an extra minute. Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water immediately to stop the eggs from cooking further. Set aside to cool slightly before peeling.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes until al dente. Drain and divide into 4 medium deep soup bowls.
- At this point, add the bok choy to the simmering broth and let cook for 1-2 minutes until slightly soft.
- Peel eggs and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Divide broth and bok choy among the 4 bowls. Top with green onions, seaweed and half an egg.
Calories: 450kcalCarbohydrates: 73gProtein: 17gFat: 11gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 680mgFiber: 10gSugar: 11g