Wild Mushroom, Herb Goat Cheese and Chive Penne Rigate
This wild mushroom pasta is definitely made for the culinary creative. It’s not only creamy and delicious but very elegant to serve as a special dinner or a romantic dish for two.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Tradizionale Penne Rigate
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 26 oz mushrooms (cremini, shiitake, oyster, baby bella), sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (herbed)
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta al dente following package instructions, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In a large deep sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute until soft and translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until golden and soft, about 4-5 minutes and then season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in goat cheese until melted.
- Add pasta and some of the pasta water and stir until creamy. Keeping adding pasta water until you have a creamy consistency.
- Toss in the fresh chives and stir until combined.
- Plate and garnish with tied whole chives and hazelnuts if using.