Mixed Bell Pepper & Mushroom Spaghetti
A vegan pasta meal that’s fresh and full of flavour. Fun pops of colour peak through a nest of Italpasta spaghetti. Quick and easy to make, even for the most novice of cooks.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time17 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1/2 pkg Italpasta Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 lb mushrooms (cremini or button) cleaned, sliced
- 1/2 onion (red) finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 lb mixed bell peppers stems and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp salt add to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper add to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
In a large skillet, heat 1/2 of the olive oil over moderate heat.
Add mushrooms and sauté until edges become golden, stirring occasionally.
Add onion, garlic, bell peppers and remaining oil to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250 ml) of pasta water.
Add cooked spaghetti, pasta water, tomatoes and parsley to the skillet and toss over moderate heat for 1 minute. Serve with an extra drizzle of oil and more chopped parsley.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 18mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2350IU | Vitamin C: 298.7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 4.9mg