Spaghettini with Clam Sauce
Make weeknight dinners feel special by preparing this traditional pasta dish, often served in restaurants, that’s easy to make at home.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Artisan Spaghettini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb littleneck clams
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- Rinse clams in a bowl of cold water. Remove clams from water, discarding water.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 3 minutes. Stir in wine; simmer until reduced to half.
- Add clams; cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, for 6 to 10 minutes or until shells open, discarding any unopened clams. Pour clam juice into reserved pan and bring to simmer.
- Cook spaghettini according to package directions; drain well and add to pan; toss until heated through. Transfer to shallow serving platter. Serve immediately.