Spaghettini with Clam Sauce
Make weeknight dinners feel special by preparing this traditional pasta dish, often served in restaurants, that’s easy to make at home.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Selezione di Bronzo Spaghettini
- 2 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lb Littleneck Clams
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Clam Juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Discard any clams with broken or chipped shells, or any that don’t close when tapped. Place clams in large bowl; fill with cold tap water. Discard any clams that float. Let soak for 30 minutes. Remove clams from water, discarding water and any grit accumulated at bottom of bowl. Scrub clam shells with sturdy brush to remove any debris from outer shells.
- Heat oil and butter in large, straight-sided skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic and hot pepper flakes, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Stir in wine; simmer for about 3 minutes or until reduced to half.
- Add clams; cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, for 6 to 10 minutes or until shells open, discarding any unopened clams. Using slotted spoon, transfer clams to separate dish. Reserve pan.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghettini according to package directions; drain well. Pour clam juice into reserved pan and bring to simmer.
- Add cooked spaghettini and parsley to pan; toss until heated through. Transfer to shallow serving platter and top with clams. Serve immediately.