Spaghettini with Clam Sauce
- 1 pkg Italpasta Artisan Spaghettini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb littleneck clams
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- Rinse clams in a bowl of cold water. Remove clams from water, discarding water.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 3 minutes. Stir in wine; simmer until reduced to half.
- Add clams; cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, for 6 to 10 minutes or until shells open, discarding any unopened clams. Pour clam juice into reserved pan and bring to simmer.
- Cook spaghettini according to package directions; drain well and add to pan; toss until heated through. Transfer to shallow serving platter. Serve immediately.
Substitute 2 cans (142 g each) whole baby clams for fresh clams if desired. Add a touch of colour by stirring in 2 finely chopped plum tomatoes along with the white wine.
Calories: 530kcalCarbohydrates: 73gProtein: 22gFat: 15gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 630mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3g