Chilled Pasta with Peas, Mint and Ricotta
With creamy ricotta, zesty mint and sweet peas,this chilled pasta makes a lovely alfresco meal in the summertime – and also works well as a lighter pasta to accompany barbecues.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Scoobi Do Pasta
- 3 cups frozen peas, divided
- 1 cup slivered snap peas
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) peas and sugar snap peas in the last minute of cooking time. Drain and refresh under cold running water; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 3 cups (750 mL) boiling water, cook remaining peas for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooking liquid.
- In blender, combine peas, reserved cooking liquid, 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and 1 tsp (5 mL) salt; pulse until smooth.
- In bowl, toss together pasta, sugar snap peas, whole peas, puréed pea mixture, ricotta, mint, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to serve chilled. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Use fresh shelled peas when in season, adjusting the cooking time as needed.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 620mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g