Gluten Free Sweet Potato and Spinach Penne
The sweet potato and spinach come together to make a vegetarian dish that is so delicious – you won’t want to share!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Penne
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 4 cup baby spinach
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions; reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook sweet potato for about 2 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain well.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook sweet potato, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes for about 3 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Stir in spinach and lemon juice; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach starts to wilt.
- Toss pasta with sweet potato mixture, reserved pasta water, ricotta cheese and lemon zest. Sprinkle with pine nuts.