Ham and Cheese Lasagna
This classic combination comes together with great results in this tasty new lasagna.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 12 Italpasta Lasagne Noodles
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg baby spinach
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cup baked ham, chopped
- 2 1/4 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir to combine to make a roux. Continue to cook and stir, about 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, mixing well. Continue to whisk mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking frequently, until sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease glass baking dish. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add spinach and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just wilted. Cool completely and squeeze dry to remove excess liquid; set aside.
- Spread 1/5 of béchamel on the bottom of baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/3 of each spinach, Gruyere cheese, ham and 1/5 of béchamel. Repeat layers 2 times. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining béchamel. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.