Herb-Roasted Cherry Tomato and Olive Sauce with Penne
Do you have leftover tomatoes and olives from our Party-size Italian Pasta Salad? Use them in this delicious and quick-to-prepare sauce to serve over your favourite Italpasta pasta.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Toss together cherry tomatoes, red onion, olives, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to 11- x 7-inch (28 x 18 cm) baking dish. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until tomatoes are golden brown and juices are slightly thickened.
- Serve over your favourite Italpasta pasta for a deliciously simple meal. You can also use as a starter over crusty bread or toss into salads.