Red Wine Spaghetti
- 1/2 lb Italpasta Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 bottle red wine, preferably Zinfandel
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Drain pasta and return to the pot. Place the pot back on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the wine and sugar and bring to a boil. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the breadcrumbs and continue to cook until toasted, about 5 minutes. Season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
- Increase skillet temperature to medium-high heat. Add the spaghetti and any remaining liquid, toss for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
Cooking with small amounts of hard cheeses like Parmesan maximize flavour without adding large amounts of fat Italpasta Total Pasta adds 10 grams of Fibre per serving.
Calories: 542kcalCarbohydrates: 59.9gProtein: 13.6gFat: 22.8gCholesterol: 6.6mgSodium: 506.7mgFiber: 13.7gSugar: 5.5g