Gluten Free Penne Rigate with Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach and Sausage
Serve this main with a dollop of ricotta for a little added flair.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 pkg Italpasta Gluten Free Penne (340 g)
- 2 tbsp Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Mild Italian Sausages
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Red Peppers, sliced, roasted
- 6 cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- Cook penne according to package directions. Drain; reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) pasta water.
- In large skillet, heat 1/2 of the olive oil over medium heat; cook sausages for 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer sausages to cutting board; slice into 1/4 inch (5 mm) slices diagonally and set aside. Drain excess fat from skillet; in same skillet, heat remaining oil. Cook onion and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and caramelized.
- Add tomato sauce and roasted red peppers to skillet; bring to simmer. Return sausages to skillet. Add penne, reserved pasta water and spinach; toss to combine. Cook just until heated through and spinach is wilted.