Mixed Bell Pepper & Mushroom Spaghetti
A vegan pasta meal that’s fresh and full of flavour. Fun pops of colour peak through a nest of Italpasta spaghetti. Quick and easy to make, even for the most novice of cooks.
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 17 mins
- 1/2 pkg Italpasta Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb mushrooms (cremini or button), cleaned, sliced
- 1/2 onion (red), finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb mixed bell peppers, stems and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp salt, add to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, add to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 of the olive oil over moderate heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until edges become golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, garlic, bell peppers and remaining oil to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250 ml) of pasta water.
- Add cooked spaghetti, pasta water, tomatoes and parsley to the skillet and toss over moderate heat for 1 minute. Serve with an extra drizzle of oil and more chopped parsley.